Friday, October 17, 2008

There's no place like home

Today, I drove home to see my mom and plan on going to a football game tonight. I was leaving school, and realizing that no matter how long it's been since I've been home, the same excitement is there.

So I miss my family. There is nothing like coming home to a warm house, with warm loving people. In most cases, this is usually someones real home, however, mine is the North Greene Middle school. Strange, I know. But I grew up here. This is where I spent 80% of my childhood, and where I made tons of memories. Every teacher here helped me grow into who I am today.

When I walked through those doors today, it was like stepping foot into my front door. The teachers greeted me with the same warm smiles, and the new teachers, immediately knew who i was. The older teachers asked me how school was, and even pulled a parental move by saying "Why aren't you in school young lady?" Ah how lucky I am.

This doesn't mean however, that I don't have a real home. HOme isn't where you live, it's where you love. MY home is in Jacksonville, Roodhouse, Greenfield, Normal, and Texas. I feel completely greatfull to have so many homes, and so many loves. God truly blessed my life, and I can't thank him enough.

There is no place like home. Wherever that is, nowhere can compare to the love and warmth you feel when you are there. The excitement of seeing the people and places you love is a gift nobody can take away from you.

I love home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so true, isn't it? I can remember when I was away at college (and it wasn't really all that long ago!) no matter what, my heart would beat a little faster when I was almost home. And truly, home is wherever you choose it to be, whether it's school, a friend's house, a swingset, center stage at the local community theater or the corner booth at the diner. Sometimes, it's even your house, but it's always where memories and the moment come together and everything feels right with the world.

Welcome home.

Dr. Cindy S. C. Rice said...

I forgot to tell you, I copied it and sent it to all the teachers in the school.